1. How did you discover tumblr?
Ms. Tricia Gosingtian’s works at deviantart linked me to her tumblr blog. I’ve been a fan of her photography ever since I got interested on this craft. Also, I found out that there’s an iPhone app for Tumblr and thought that it would be easier to have an online diary.
2. What is your blogging style?
I’m not really aware of what style of blogging I have, I think it would fall on the random category. Hahaha! at the first place, I don’t really consider myself as a blogger. It just happened that I post photos and I find Tumblr easy to use.
3. Tell me something about yourself.
My tumblr URL tells my fullname and I’m 26. Shocks! what a shame revelation. I’m an Electronics Engineer by profession and a photographer by heart. :)
4. A lot of tumblristas admire you for the magic that you create with every photo manipulation you make. How do you do this, tell us something about this magnificent talent you have.
I am really thankful for every bit of appreciation my works are getting every time I post them. Those appreciations help a lot for me to be inspired and improve. Technically, I see this kind of installation art as a collage - a detailed collage. My working process includes:
1. Imagination - i think, all kinds of arts started with this. It may come from a dream, an emotion, or a certain event. Sometimes, I make a draft by sketching what final artwork I want to achieve.
2. Shooting - most piece I made include myself so I have to shoot instead of getting resources from the web. I use a tripod, Canon500d and 18-55mm lens.
3. Getting extra resources - currently, my own resources are not enough to make some scenes I want, so getting free stock images from the internet is really helpful. But if i’m going to pursue this kind of art, I’m planning to shoot photos for my own resources.
4. Editing - This is really where the magic happens. Need not to explain more. Hahaha! I use Adobe Photoshop. Also, listening to music helps to extract creative juices. I listen to instrumentals while working.
5. When did you discovered this talent you have?
It started with my 365 Project last year (A self-portrait project that I wasn’t able to finish). When I reached the 50% mark of the project, the winds of creativity blew me to this category. By that time, the last time I use other photoshop’s tools aside from brightness and contrast, was when I was in highschool doing my English Journal.
6. Of all your creation, which one is your favorite? and why?
I have some favorite photos of me. Though the order varies according to my current feelings.
This is one of them. A self-portrait I did a year ago. An interpretation of “No one is more responsible for ourselves but ourselves”. For some reasons, this photo reminds me that, more often than not, we have choices and the so-called second chance. I called this piece “Rebirth.”
7. Is inspiration important for you to create these images or you’re just there eager to make one every time you want?
Of course, inspiration is the driving force to create something art related. (Well, I think, there’s art in everything, so does inspiration). When I feel blank, or uninspired, I don’t shoot or if I do, there’s a big chance that I am going to delete what I have taken right away. I try to make every photo with a personal touch - something close to my heart.
8. 3 tumblristas you look up to and why.
a) Ms. Tricia Gosingtian is a huge inspiration to me. It’s a bit ironic that I idolize a lady fashion photographer, but I really find her works calming and something that breathes class. She’ll forever be my local photography hero.
b) Mr. Robbie Bautista is another big inspiration. Though he’s not really active on tumblr anymore, I am a frequent visitor of his personal and travel blog. The creative dork made me really palpitate the day he followed me. I really love his works!
c) Mr. Vin Quilop made my mind went blank for a number of times whenever I saw his new masterpieces. I lost my drawing/painting ability back then when I held a camera (not a fair trade! since drawing is my first love). I am really amazed by the talent of this guy. Because for me, when it comes to visual art, the traditional drawing and painting will still be on the highest place.
The list goes on and on. There are a lot of talented people in this microblogging community.
9. 5 things we don’t know about you.
a) I loved watching anime’s during college days. Cardcaptor Sakura was my #1 favorite. I even put a wing symbol on my signature as a tribute.
b) Speaking of tribute, I am fond of making tribute videos (photo slide shows) before. Visit my abandoned youtube channel (arielmagyawejr) if you want to see it.
c) I used to draw and bring a sketchpad with me during college days even if it was unrelated to my course. I am really inspired by Yesha (the Meteor Garden II character). I’m an F4 fan too. I bought 2 of Vic Zhou’s album.
d) I freak out on cockroaches. Who does not?!
e) I like the idea of having a cup of coffee while reading a book, but I don’t drink coffee and read books that much.
10. How does it feel to be featured here in tumblr magazine. You’re our 12th cover! :D
I feel so honored to be featured by tumblrmagph. Upon reading the previous issues, I knew that you already featured interesting and talented Pinoy Tumblristas. Really feels really great. Your invitation is like a bucketful of inspiration poured to me! Thank you!
- superayks likes this
- bubwitnaisip likes this
- thewanderingintrovert likes this
- sxpy likes this
- matanong likes this
- adeeongtawco likes this
- chestpeanuts likes this
- shutteredaperture likes this
- oswwy likes this
- percivale27 likes this
- myworldisblue likes this
- honeyedpepper likes this
- potograpiyanilyle likes this
- saaamsabado likes this
- amateurdreamer likes this
- shedreamtinheist likes this
- mrcurioshity likes this
- theninjineer likes this
- iantheory likes this
- gravityymind likes this
- music-coffee-sex likes this
- subclavianx likes this
- callmelauranotlora likes this
- thewiggiboy likes this
- vornography likes this
- arielmagyawejr reblogged this from tumblrmagph and added:
- arielmagyawejr likes this
- marjanpatrick likes this
- 21-and-stupid likes this
- timidosijeyo likes this
- littlemissmamba likes this
- mustlovearky likes this
- dexternews reblogged this from tumblrmagph and added:
- mehehebevz likes this
- wewtalaga likes this
- kristrenchera likes this
- supladongarwin likes this
- candidcidee likes this
- zxcvbnmsherrrryyyy likes this
- tumblrmagph posted this
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- Ferris, from 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'
This serves as the official Tumblr account for the online magazine Tumblr Magazine Philippines, also known as TMPH. Operated by a group of Filipino microbloggers headed by Editor-In-Chief, Dexter Balita (dexternews) and seconded by Associate Editor, Pael Balbaboco (paelbalbaboco), this magazine caters different articles of different topics as according to the assigned theme for every issue.
Every month, TMPH releases its cover with a specific theme like art, body, travel, food, barkada, entertainment, books, literary, fashion, lifestyle, design, humor, photography, sports, politics, etc.
JULY 2011 - The Maiden Issue
AUGUST 2011 - The Art Issue
SEPTEMBER 2011 - The Body Issue I
SEPTEMBER 2011 - The Body Issue II
OCTOBER 2011 - The Travel Issue
NOVEMBER 2011 - The Barkada Issue
DECEMBER 2011 - The Holiday Issue
JANUARY 2012 - The Power Issue
FEBRUARY 2012 - The Green Issue I
FEBRUARY 2012 - The Green Issue II
MARCH 2012 - The Fashion Issue
APRIL 2012 - The Discovery Issue
MAY 2012 - The Style and Design Issue
JUNE 2012 - The Pop Cult Issue
JULY 2012 - The 1st Anniversary Issue (1)
JULY 2012 - The 1st Anniversary Issue (2)
JULY 2012 - The 1st Anniversary Issue (3)
AUGUST 2012 - The Rivalry Issue
SEPTEMBER 2012 - The Music Issue
OCTOBER 2012 - The Alpha Male Issue
NOVEMBER 2012 - The Femme Fatale Issue
DECEMBER 2012 - The Dark Issue
JANUARY 2013 - The Power Issue
FEBRUARY 2013 - The Art Issue
MARCH 2013 - The Fashion Issue
APRIL 2013 - The Literary Issue
MAY 2013 - The Photo Issue
JUNE 2013 - The Pop Cult Issue
JULY 2013 - The 2nd Anniversary Issue
AUGUST 2013 - The Food Issue
SEPTEMBER 2013 - The Music Issue
OCTOBER 2013 - The Discovery Issue
NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2013 - The Year-End Issue
JANUARY 2014 - The Power Issue
FEBRUARY 2014 - The Art Issue
MARCH 2014 - The Men's Fashion Issue
APRIL 2014 - The Summer X Travel Issue
MAY 2014 - The Photo Issue
LETTER TO THE EDITOR Submission